One of our greatest passions at Take the City is to help empower and equip people to be mobilized into their schools, workplaces and cities to share the gospel. We offer an 6 session evangelism training called “Discovering the JOY”. We want to journey with your city, church or youth group in discovering the JOY of representing God’s love and goodness in everyday situations!
This eight session course is a course designed to help everyone who is a follower of Jesus Christ learn how to more effectively represent Him in everyday life. This training is not designed just for the “spiritually elite” but rather everyday people who long to be used by God at their schools, workplaces, homes and surrounding community. Basically, the primary goal of this training is to help de-mystify evangelism for believers who may feel scared of sharing their faith.
Andrew, Jason, and all of the leaders from Take-the-City were a tremendous blessing for our youth group. In a very kind and unassuming way they simplified the gospel for our students. They made seeking and hearing from God as normal and natural as it should be for any Christian. They also helped our students to see how simple and joyful it is to be a witness of Christ Jesus. I would highly recommend them for any youth group that is ready to see their students empowered and mobilized to live out the gospel powerfully in the world!Christopher Goss
Weekend Training Schedule
- 7-10pm – Sessions 1-2
- 9a-12pm – Sessions 3-4
- Lunch out! Practice what you’ve learned…
- 2pm-5pm – Sessions 5-6
- Dinner out! Practice what you’ve learned…
- 7-10pm – Final Session
Here’s an overview of what we would cover each session
- Identity – Who are we in Christ?
- Intimacy – We bear fruit when we abide in the Vine.
- Authority – We are Christ’s ambassadors
- Proclamation – How to share the gospel effectively
- Hearing God’s Voice – How God can speak through us to encourage others
- Praying for the sick – How to bring healing to others
Here are dates you can book us!January 11-12 – BOOKED – Murfreesboro, TN
February 17-18 – BOOKED – Charlotte, NC/Rock Hill, SC
May 19-20 – BOOKED – Madisonville, IN
June 16-17 – BOOKED – Midland, TX
June 30-July 1 – BOOKED – Toronto, ON Canada
August 11-12 – Open
October 13-14 – OPEN – TBA
Dates are also open for 2018.
Cost of training:
While there is no formal charge for this evangelism training weekend we do recommend one of two giving options to help cover the expenses for this event. Please let us know which you would prefer:
- $1200 one time donation + Cover the cost of travel and lodging
- Take up love offerings for Take the City at weekend event + Cover the cost of travel and lodging