Summer Internship Program
What is it?
OCCUPY is a 4-week ministry and evangelism training program open to teens and young adults. During this summer equipping program people will spend time growing in the Word of God, Prayer, Evangelism, Leadership and will also learn many other ministry/ job-related skills as they intern under a staff member of Take the City.
So, when is it?
June 12th to July 16th
More details please…
This year Occupy will be hosted at the Global Teen Challenge building. Each day interns will have a chance to worship, grow in the word of God and work alongside staff members of Take the City doing local missions. This year we will start off our first full week by doing a one week mission trip to Midland, Texas. All staff and interns will travel to Midland to help host a Take the City training conference and each intern will have various opportunities to grow and do ministry. After the mission trip each intern will spend the next 4 weeks doing training and ministry here in the local area. This will be a summer you will never forget!!!
Dates for Summer Internship Program:
- 1st Block: June 6th to June 30th
- 2nd Block: July 4th to July 28th
What ages? 15 to 25 years old.
What is the main PURPOSE of the program? To equip teens and young adults to become more passionate in their walk with Christ
How much does it Cost: $400.00
Place: Teen Challenge 15 W 10th St, Columbus GA, 31901
Graduation: July 16th
Expectations of Accepted Interns:
- Personal devotions each day.
- Commitment during the 4 weeks of the program
- Attendance to and active participation in all events, meetings, classes, appointments and services at the Door.
- Complete weekly requirements for leadership class and development assignments.
- Dating: The purpose of the program is focused pursuit of The Lord, intensive discipleship, and rapid spiritual growth, we recommend that you avoid as many distractions as possible during these 6 weeks and avoid relationships. We believe that your relationships will be stronger by spending these 6 weeks fully focused on God.
- Employment: The Programs need appropriate commitment in order to be completed successfully. It is recommended to plan ahead and budget your money for the duration of the program. If you must keep a job, you are still required to attend and participate in all of the Program activities. Your work schedule should be worked around your internship duties.
- Tuition Expense: The Cost of the Program is $400.00. This cost includes Lunch, Material. Deposit must come 3 days after you receive the acceptance letter, the deposit amount is $100.00 and you can pay the rest by May 31st.
No refunds will be issued.
- Week 1: Mission Trip to Texas
- Week 2: Identity/ Ministry Values
- Week 3: Leadership/ Ministry tools
- Week 4: Evangelism/ Ministry activation
- Week 5: Final Week – Graduation July 16th
- Applications coming in: April 1st to May 28th
- Payments coming in: April 1st to May 31st
- Due date for Payments:
- 1st block June 12th
What we do
Take the City is a missional organization based out of Columbus, GA with a mission to unify and mobilize the Body of Christ to see entire cities revitalized. For the past four years, our team has had opportunities to minister and share the gospel locally and internationally. During this Summer Equipping Program each intern will be mentored, trained and equipped to see their campus and/or workplaces impacted by the Gospel of Jesus Christ.