Our Mission at Take the City is to see the Body of Christ unified and mobilized to see cities revitalized. Because of our mission we are constantly working with people from various cities, churches and denominations. While we celebrate the diversity of varying denominations and styles of worship we are passionate about upholding the standards of doctrines that are clearly laid out in God’s word, the Holy Bible. Below are a list of the essential beliefs that we hold to as a ministry.
Take the City Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.